About the Company
We’re Type A Media a boutique SEO company that works 4 days a week on some of the coolest sites on the web.
Armed with specced out Macbook’s & fancy Bose headphones we attack SEO from all angles, from 200 point forensic technical audits to keyword research and content gap analysis powered by machine learning to outreach and digital PR campaigns to get links in the biggest websites in the world
We’re powered by a private training suite of over 200 custom SEO videos that take a day and a half to consume….if you were mad enough to watch them all at the same time. We’re also powered by our gourmet coffee subscription, which is provided for free on top of a host of other office based perks.
Our office is in London Bridge next to a fancy gym, that you get access to for free, and is in close proximity to some of the best restaurants in London, which we take you and the team to once a month.
We’re not bothered about you having the perfect CV, we want someone who is the right cultural fit and wants to learn.
About The Job
This role is mid-level position for people with at least 2 years agency experience.
At Type A, you are given your own clients to manage with the help of our project manager who sits across all accounts.
The job covers all aspects of search from Technical to Onpage to Offpage to Measurement. We expect you to have a technical eye and be able to audit websites to understand any SEO issues they have and then confidently communicate this to the client and build a list of actions to drive the client rankings up.
You should be confident in taking a broken site with limited traffic and optimising it over time to grow traffic, leads and sales.
We will train you on all of our processes but we expect you to know the fundamentals of SEO and how to rank a site.
You should be able to:
- Use a crawler like screaming frog or deepcrawl to find technical SEO issues
- Use excel and be proficient in basics like vlookups, pivots, index and match
- Diagnose a pages strengths and weaknesses against current ranking factors
- View a clients backlinks and make a judgement call on what qualifies as a “toxic link”
- Use Majestic or AHREFS to prospect for link opportunities
- Understand how to do basic SEO tasks like writing metadata
- Have a basic understanding of Schema
- Be confident using search console, GA and tag manager for reporting
- Be able to brief a copywriter to get content produced for client sites
- Effectively communicate with clients by taking abstract ideas and distilling them down to be understood by the layman
- Write basic documents like keyword research, gap analysis, etc.
Tools You Should Understand
- Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Screaming Frog/Deepcrawl
You should not apply for this job if
- You’ve never worked in an agency or held a senior in-house SEO role
- You wrote a blog post once that ranked for something and now want to do SEO
- You want to run creative ad campaigns
- You want to spend time using the adobe suite
You should apply for this job if
- You’ve been in a small agency and want to spread your wings in a friendly environment
- You want to work in a family environment with relaxed people
- You want your work to matter and make a difference
- You want to work on big brands AND niche e-commerce sites
- You’re self motivated and like taking the bull by the horns
Extra Brownie Points
- If you have aspirations to speak at conferences
- If you have a secret arsenal of your own SEO tools and browser plugins
- You know any level of code
How to Apply
Send an email to [email protected] with your Linked In profile and a short paragraph explaining why you want to work at Type A.